Sunday, October 2, 2011

September 24, 2011: Departing SUFE for 广洲:

“Come on guys, lets go, lets go!!” were the words I heard while laying in my bed in room 925 at the SUFE dormitory. Apparently, I over slept my alarm, which was set at 5:45am. With my phone magically in the palm of my hand (apparently I nonchalantly turned off my alarm in my sleep), I woke at 6:15am. Bus was leaving at 6:20am; I was in a panic mode. Threw on some clothes, double checked my bags and my room, and got the hell out of SUFE.

11 am, our group of 28 students/coordinator arrived in our first destination, 广洲 (GuangZhou). We had a group lunch at a 朝州菜饭馆.

Shortly after lunch, we toured the new CBD, "Huacheng" (literally, "flower city") Road and Haisinsha Island, where 2010 Asian Games' opening and closing ceremonies were held.

Everything is made out of flower. Even the Big thumb.


Afterward, we toured the Zhujiang Brewery. We learned about the company’s sales marketing strategies, and toured their assembly production-line facilities. In the end, we were rewarded with a nice glass of fresh brewed beer :)

If only beers were this size...not... The amazing assembly line


For dinner, our group paid a short visit to a Sichuan cuisine restaurant. Overall, the food was delicious, but of course quite oily. To sum up the evening, we visited the Canton TV Tower. We were over looking the nightlife of 广洲 city on the 108th floor of Canton Tower. It was an interesting experience. Some of us even took pictures on the extended glass platform, which allowed us to look straight down through the glass for all 108 floors.


The magnificent Canton tower The view from the 108th floor

Me at the 108 Floor, no big deal

No comments:

Post a Comment